Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Couple of Notes Before My Next Post

Just a couple of housekeeping items...

First, I posted a new link on the left. It is a new blog I found where a young woman with RA is seeking info. on being pregnant with RA. I was hoping some of you could stop by and share your pregnancy experiences with the blogger. She is a nice woman with an interesting blog.

The address is: http://ramamma.blogspot.com

Second, A lot of you have been interested in the idea of the book discussion. I was thinking we could aim for the middle of the month, the fifteenth. So if you haven't read Diane Chamberlain's novel on the left, and you are interested in the book discussion, go ahead and read it. (Especially those of you with your fancy Kindles. *grin*) Remember, the protagonist of the book has RA, and this is one of the only works of fiction I found where this is the case. So it is a really worthwhile read even if you don't wish to take part of the book discussion.

O.k. I will close out now and get back to work on my next post! Thanks Everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Hi SB --
    Aw, I wish I could join the reading group, but the book won't be available on Kindle until May 1. :o( Dang. I WAS able to read a few pages of it online, however, and it sounds like it's a very good book! Dang, again.

    Glad to see you back, though, and I'm looking forward to your next post. :o)
    -Wren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't buy it, Wren. I found the book at the library, so if you really want to read it you could check your library.

    SB-thanks for the heads-up on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! Wren - I really want you to join the discussion, so if you want, email me your address, and I can send you a copy. We have a great used book store, and I picked up an extra copy the other day, b/c all the books there are 75 cents! Isn't that the greatest bargain? BTW, I emailed you yesterday. Did it go through this time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SB -- I got your email, but Gmail doesn't like your email address and it bounced my reply back to me again. Is there some other email address I can reach you through? If so, send it along and I'll give it a try. :o)
    -Wren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey SB! I read the book! I found it on ebay or was it Amazon? I'm not sure...but it was a great book! I really love the realism about RA... Consider me in on the book discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for the shout out, SB! And thanks to you readers for stopping by my site - it's great to hear your Mom success stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie- I'm SO excited that you liked it!!! Yay! I have read 2 more novels by her since, and though they didn't have any RA related parts, they were still great reads with good plots.

    RA Mamma - I am glad to do what I can. I think we have such a great web community, and I hope we can give you some support for this big step you are taking in your life. :)

    Wren - I will write you from a new address. I think this is all one big ploy by you to flush out my true identity though. :D J/K!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read that book - I bought it because I had read an interview with the author, and knew that the main character had RA. I liked it, and have read some other things of hers.

    I will check out the RA Mamma blog too - I had my first baby while dealing with RA, and am considering a second now. Hope I can be of help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey SB...come on over to my blog...I started it up again....gonna try antibiotic therapy for my RA...

    ReplyDelete